PNG TIME

ipblocker

11/16/2012

To K92








To celebrate our car being back, and to give us something fun to do while Kendal is abroad, I decided to take the kids 20 minutes down the road to Kainantu (k92) which has a gas station, a small grocery store, and a farm supply store.  They hardly EVER get out (and yes Calvin still gets car-sick).

We headed out this morning at 8am and saw several single ladies in line waiting for a PMV (public truck).  I offered them a ride into town and we all jammed in.  They later said 'that was the smoothest ride into K92 we ever had!'.  It was nice to be able to help someone again in that way.

The purpose of the trip was to let the kids have their fill of the 'outside world' so I wasn't really in any hurry or had anything to buy, so I was perusing and walking around and feigning interest in anything the kids got excited enough to show me.

This one made my son laugh.  Rut Bir.  He asked me to take a photo of it.

We ended up buying a few small things like marbles.  Sydney wanted a Meri Blaus which is a shirt indigenous to here.  
Calvin didn't want much of anything, but he did want a lighter, total cost 25 cents.  I splurged and bought it for him.  When he got it home, I had to teach him how to light it, and when we did, the flame shot up about 6 inches!  

"WOAH!!!"

The kids both said 'wow, this was a pretty fun first day without mom!"

I'm glad they had fun.