PNG TIME

ipblocker

11/18/2012

Million Dollar Idea

a joke of mine is to say 'that's a million dollar idea' every now and then, regardless of whether or not one truly is.
But most of the time, they are... good ideas. And I believe I have about one a week.

If I could supplement my income by selling my ideas, I would. But the phone hasn't rung with that particular offer yet.

Today's million dollar idea is ... rising kitchen counters.

My wife being gone means I'm doing more cooking and dishes than normal. I find that my back begins to hurt and it makes me grumpy.
And the reason is, because the counter is precisely 4 inches lower than it should be for me.

My office desk is 4 inches too low, ...everything is meant for people of average height and so I'm constantly bending over and using lower back muscles... when washing dishes or chopping vegetables, etc.

So.. why not make a set of kitchen cabinets that can rise and lower 4 inches? ..or even more?

How many kitchens have you been in that have a step stool near the sink? The smaller kids need to use it to help with dishes, or get a drink.

Simply keep your cabinet doors 4 inches from the bottom, and then put a recess in your floor (easy to do in my house, since we're 12" off the ground)...
and construct your wall tile in such a way that a small gap is permissable, and when you have guests, raise the cabinets to hide the roller marks.

use flexible pvc on the sink, and it's a done deal.

boom, there's a million dollar idea. flip a switch, up they go, down they go... easy.

Tall people and short people the world around will find them useful.