PNG TIME

ipblocker

11/21/2012

My Bday Song

My daughter wrote and sang this to me today...
The cynic in me said 'oh yay, another showboating moment' You know, like when your kids say 'we have a puppet show' for you, or 'we want to dance for you'.... you sort of think 'well, okay, sure, the next 15 minutes I'll partake in being your audience.'

But then she started singing, and my daughter has a good, pure talent.

And I got unexpectedly choked up... which I hid well. Of course the 'friendly giant' line cleared that up with laughter.

Here are the lyrics:

Dad's B-day Song
Happy birthday my dear dad,
I really want, I wish I had
Something Very nice to say to you
So here is all that I can conclude

you're safe, strong, with you I belong,
Happy birthday for this year! Happy Dandy, you're my daddy!

You're a friendly giant that I always will adore.

You're nice, amusing, and I'd be losing, if you were not here.

Happy Happy Birthday, Daddy dear.