PNG TIME

ipblocker

4/28/2008

Ephesians 6

Two days ago I shared some conversations I had with my kids.
I dunno about you, but occasionally I have a moment where I have a scary thought and then I remember quickly to give it to God in prayer.

Well, this story might be interesting because today I got a special blessing and answer to prayer. I was asking God for assurances that our children were growing closer in Him.

Today for some unknown reasons, Sydney got it in her head to start reading her Bible.
She was almost late to school for it.
Then today after school she ran back into her room.

She handed me a paper, on which she had written front to back all of Ephesians 6.

She made it a point to show me, not mommy, me.

She came and said "daddy, I wrote out the Bible here. And I'd like to point out something to you.... this part 'Fathers don't make your children angry.'

I smiled and said "what do you think that means?"
she paused.... and then I said , "it means that while children have a job, they're to obey and be good, parents also have a job, and they're not supposed to frustrate their children in wrong ways. Sometimes daddy's and mommy's can do wrong things too and the Bible tells us not to."

then she says,
"well it is interesting that the very FIRST verse is 'Children obey your parents as believers in the Lord."

She was happy with that and waltzed away as is her fashion.


That was a very meaningful moment, and I'm thankful to God for answered prayer.