PNG TIME

ipblocker

3/26/2013

Funny

Today I was elected the Executive Committee Secretary.  This is a support job that will require 50% of my time.  When I went to explain it to my kids, I asked them if they remember the show "Dirty Jobs".

They said 'yes'.

I asked 'what was the premise?'

They replied "it's that show where that guy does jobs that nobody else wants to do, but that need to be done."

Bingo... that's what the EC Secretary's job is.  24 hours no one was allowing their names to stand for this position.  The phone rang at 5pm last night, and I was asked to please strongly considering letting my name stand if nominated.


God has been doing a work in our lives lately, and I feel very strongly as if He was saying 'I'm about to ask you to do something you don't want to do....... please do it and do it rejoicingly.'

There are a lot of CONS to me doing this job, but the only other people willing to stand, were Bible Translators.... so just in saying 'YES' I have already supported Bible translation by taking this off their plates.

I will still be doing the Audio work, but now I understand why God kept throwing this theme at me:

Act 5: 41 The apostles left the Sanhedrin, rejoicing because they had been counted worthy of suffering disgrace for the Name. 42 Day after day, in the temple courts and from house to house, they never stopped teaching and proclaiming the good news that Jesus is the Messiah.

I know I wrote you all a while back about all the trouble that's been coming at us, but God has been doing an incredible work.  The burdens have been lightened, and during it, we refused to give in to self-pity, or any kind of persecution complex.  We just kept working, and praying.  Through it God showed up.  I am confident that if this is the job the community of 300+ people here decided to vote for me to do, I will do it to the best of my ability.

My kids asked me what the job required... I told them I would be sitting at a computer and doing a lot of typing.  After I was done, my daughter said,
"I get it dad... you're going to be like Mr. Incredible sitting at a desk"

we all laughed at the image... of how she saw this job.  I think at 13, she has a pretty good grasp of it, except that I don't intend to have such a look of boredom on my face... I HOPE!