PNG TIME

ipblocker

3/03/2013

Change



Today I was editing some video for the high school drama department, and a thought hit me.  I was teaching myself something I hadn't done before with Final Cut.  Multi-clip switching (for those who care).  It was a bear to get the three camera angles synchronized with the audio from another track.  I spent hours, getting all my sampling rates together, all the angles synchronized.  It was difficult and time consuming.   (most of the reason why was because I didn't shoot with this in mind, and also I shot with 3 different TYPES of cameras because that's all I could borrow).

So, finally, after hours of sitting and trying to get everything synced up.... just so I could BEGIN to edit.... I took a break. 

And then I began to ponder all of the change hitting my family right now.
Then the change hitting this country.
Then the change hitting the U.S.
and then the change hitting the world.

And I thought. "I'm so GLAD, that God doesn't change."

When you're editing video, you need something constant.  Something static, that doesn't change.  Whether it be timecode, control track, A roll, whatever it is, you can't synchronize until you have something to synchronize to, that doesn't move.  It stays put.  EVERYTHING else is completely confused until you sync it up with that one ...unchanging thing.

That's how my life is with God.  This weekend was a perfect example of everything that could go wrong, did.  Except, that each morning I spent my time with God, and each day I was able to not let the crazy confusion of things falling apart around me, affect my relationships with my children, my wife, my neighbors.  Because I was grounded... I was synced to God.



“And also the Glory of Israel will not lie or change His mind; for He is not a man that He should change His mind” (1 Samuel 15:29).

12 But Thou, O LORD dost abide forever; And Thy name to all generations. . . 25 Of old Thou didst found the earth; And the heavens are the work of Thy hands. 26 Even they will perish, but Thou dost endure; And all of them will wear out like a garment; Like clothing Thou wilt change them, and they will be changed. 27 But Thou art the same, And Thy years will not come to an end. 28 The children of Thy servants will continue, And their descendants will be established before Thee” (Psalm 102:12, 25-28, emphasis mine).

For I, the LORD, do not change; therefore you, O sons of Jacob, are not consumed” (Malachi 3:6)


Man changes.  We change our speech, our fashion, our technology, our home countries, our families, we change a LOT.

But God, He's the same God that Abraham prayed to, that Adam spoke with, that Job stayed faithful to.  He's the exact same God.

Paleontologists and archeologists dig through the past to see what it was like... when they come across an ancient artifact they ponder it, and how things were back then. 

But I serve, and spend time with, the most Ancient .... it amazes me that I pray to the same God that Moses did.... and I'm very very thankful He is the one constant, unchanging thing in my life.