PNG TIME

ipblocker

1/21/2013

power

Among one of the power problems we had today,

-power went out
-diesel generator was too noisy and got on the recording, so we had to
eliminate it
-once we got a gas generator (propane) it was quieter.
-the power supply to the microphone overheated
-my laptop was causing extra noise because of a grounding loop.
-we didn't have the right kind of UPS cable.

My motto:
improvise, adapt, overcome.

We fixed the mic problem with a twig...
I fixed the laptop grounding issue with a pair of pliers, I simply
adapted an Australian adaptor to be reverse.

I carry electricians tape and a leathermans, and was able to fix the UPS
cable by splicing a new one on the spot.

I think the enemy wanted to keep us down today.
But he failed.

Boas's kids, are recovering from their fevers, his daughter is fine, his
son is recovering.
and WE STILL recorded 111 spots today! (our pace before on a full day
was 126).

PRAISE GOD and keep praying for us. Today was a 'everything seems to be
breaking' kind of day.

At one point, the translator's wife here said 'wow, Chad is a miracle
worker" and her husband said "I'd be impressed except it's hard to be
impressed when he keeps working miracles.

I thank you for the prayers, thank God for the skills, and taking care
of us.