PNG TIME

ipblocker

7/24/2010

Relaxed

In top news:
We've planned to go to Portland, Oregon in August starting on the 19th. Pray for two things:
-Speaking engagements
-safety

In other news.. thoughts.

I realized rather surprisingly the other day how relaxed we are now. I don't really think in terms of relaxed or tense... because either I'm clueless or I'm used to working under pressure. But it dawned on me last night after a few weeks of being here...

'hey, I feel really relaxed!'

And so I thought about why.

First we are living in a very relaxing, quiet, and isolated place for this home assignment. That may be everything right there.

But one of the kids mentioned that we weren't being watched 24x7 as well as is what happens when you're a ex-patriot with white skin living in PNG.

I've been told that PNG is a pressure cooker, that the pressure slowly builds and builds until you get used to it all around you and that you don't realize it until a furlough.

I hadn't noticed feeling any pressure. It hasn't been a super easy 3 years but I never felt over stressed.

Here, I think it took 3 weeks but I've let my guard down a little bit... I'm not always looking over my shoulder, I can let my wife go somewhere alone.

I feel relaxed... and I really am enjoying this rest.