PNG TIME

ipblocker

7/11/2010

CA E-waste fee

today I learned that California charges you an extra fee for electronic purchases...
at first I was told it was for disposing of the box to which I said
"but I'm keeping the box to send this to PNG"

alas, it turns out that it's a fee for funding their 'electronic dumping days'... in which you can discard old electronics... personally I'd like to see all these old electronics before they got dumped.

I went looking for a super cheap phone headset to comply with California law...
I told the guy I had an iphone 2g.
he said 'wow I'm sorry, you're the last one on earth who does."

I thought I was pretty cool with it... got it for free an all from a guy who upgraded...

but alas he did not.

Still I feel okay, he didn't know what a PAL signal was or what 240volt power was.