PNG TIME

ipblocker

12/19/2013

Amazon My Friend

I wanted to order some gifts for family back home. I was up at 2am and
decided to order the gifts, but mistakenly had them shipped to PNG
through an affiliate in the U.S.
I didn't realize this until after I fell back asleep then bolted awake
at 5am and said 'uh oh, I sense a disturbance in the force.'

Battling slow internet speeds, I got online and confirmed that yes, all
5 packages were coming to me here in PNG and because it was going to be
processed through our U.S. affiliate and then air freighted, I was
looking at turning $50 in gifts to more like $300 in useless junk.

So, I wrote a pleading email to our shipping dept in the U.S. and said
'I know this time of year you see hundreds of boxes, but if you see
anything for me, please, reject it, return it, or at the very least
DON'T send it to me here in PNG.'

I didn't want to pay $120 for a foam minecraft sword that was worth $9.

So I reordered the gifts, shipped them to the right address so they
arrive on time.

Then I got a ton of 'out of stock' emails.. ugh...

Days into this mess, I got an email 'Chad packages came for you today,
we rejected shipment.'
I went onto Amazon, and returned the items and was credited.

NICE!

IT was a miracle that this didn't turn into a nightmare waste of money.
All from being sleep deprived when ordering (something I won't do again)

Don't Drink n Drive, and Don't Amazon While Tired!

I'm amazed, that after 7 years here, getting things to us in country is
still as difficult as ever, and the cost is rising! That's why we
really appreciate hand carried items!