PNG TIME

ipblocker

2/12/2013

Needed Video Cameras



We have a need for videography on a constant basis in PNG.  However we do not have a department with video capability meant for videography.  My department is based on Scripture Use.  Any pictures or video you have seen come from me running around with my own video camera.

I have been asked to produce a video for the high school drama dept.  In the past the videos have been low quality, and in my opinion, hard to watch.

(I apologize to anyone reading this who has produced a video in the past that I am referring to, I know you tried your hardest with what you had, and I appreciate your labor)

My dream this year would be to up the quality 2 notches.  In order to do that I need equipment that I don't have.

I have written around asking other missionaries to volunteer their cameras for this one project.  No one seems to have anything close to current that I can use.

There will be more projects in the future as well.

This is what I'm hoping for:

-I would LOVE it if anyone had a camcorder that they would donate and ship here.
-I would LOVE it if that camcorder were digital (dv tape, SD card, hard drive)
-I would LOVE it if that camcorder had HD capability
-I NEED at least 1 that has an audio-IN capability
-I would need a power supply for the camera (if it has a good battery that is a bonus!)
-I would love any tripods as well.


If you know of anyone with this type of equipment they are willing to donate, please contact me.  I will make this equipment bless several others.

Right now our department does primarily audio work.  I feel video reaches more people and would LOVE to be capable of producing video. 

For example, I was asked to produce a video of the local PNG churches singing choir music.  Making a sort of music video for their singing of Scripture.  It would be a GREAT way to get people to hear Scripture and SEE it.  The would go 'VIRAL' of the PNG version of viral.... being passed around to everyone quickly.

But I don't have the equipment to record.  I have my own computer, my own software, but I have no cameras.  (Part of this is due to theft of my old camera, part of it is due to me not having funds).

If you feel so moved to donate, please email me

thank you