PNG TIME

ipblocker

10/10/2014

Filthy



Today as I was out driving, I saw a man walking down the street wearing a black hoodie that read in big letters "FILTHY".  He walked with a bit of a swagger, and I had to wonder what series of lies he had to have bought into to wear that sweatshirt.

Maybe it was a band name and I'm over thinking it.
My creative mind started to concoct a video in which people walk around wearing on their chest the condition of their hearts.  There were black sweatshirtted people with "FILTHY" and white sweatshirted people with "FORGIVEN"  walking all over.

The white shirted folks if they cringed from the black while passing them, they would examine their sweatshirts to be sure they didn't get any of the darkness on them.
But the ones who stopped to talk and help the black shirted ones, suddenly found that the light spread more easily than the dark.

Of course I realized it was a cheesy analogy video that most people wouldn't watch on facebook  because after all they'd think 'yeah yeah, I get the point.'

To see that young man walk around, proud of his filth, I had to wonder if somehow, in his life, someone had sold him a bunch of lies regarding his own worth.

I think there are a lot of people walking around this earth in precious need of God's forgiveness, and when I see something like that, it stands out as such a symbollic image to me and a reminder to do more.