PNG TIME

ipblocker

6/21/2014

Moral Macaroni

Moral question for dads: Your wife is away, you have to provide meals
for the kids. Knowing your last night in your house would have to be an
easy meal, easy to cook and clean up... you choose box macaroni and
cheese (usually a family favorite). Only the store is out of the brand
your kids like. So you choose 'MagicRoni and Cheese' which is on
discount and the only other choice. You slice up some hot dogs, boil it
up, and notice as the noodles are boiling, that little black dots are
popping up that look suspiciously like ants.

Knowing the store is closed, and you've already cleaned out the fridge
and have nothing left to eat, except cheese and ketchup, and knowing
your son is a notoriously picky eater do you:

a. try your best to filter out the bugs and keep it quiet, hoping they
won't find out?
b. confess to the bugs and implore them to eat it anyway?

Answer: None of the above. You attempt to filter out the bugs, but
when you dump the cheezy chemical pack in, it comes up an unappetizing
brown. Your son takes one look and says 'that's disgusting, I'm eating
cheese and ketchup.'

Disgusting is relative.

I felt pretty bad, mostly because for the month I've been cooking well
balanced, nice, arduous meals, and I end up with 'brown antaroni and
cheese'. Of course Sydney and I ate it, and we ate the salad, and
papaya and apples, and bananas that I served with it. (which my son
would never touch).

It was a fitting 'last meal' for a missionary family and I'm sure my son
will use it as leverage to justify ordering more than one Big Mac over
the next year.