PNG TIME

ipblocker

3/22/2012

my day

how can I describe my day.

It started with discouragement, because our vehicle is most likely going
to be out of service until I can tow it to some place to fix the fuel
injector. Thinking we really need to consider buying a new vehicle, but
don't have the funds.

Then it moved to encouragement as we got an awesome care package from
friends that really lifted everyone's spirits.

Then it moved to matters of grave importance as I sat in on my first
ever director's meeting as I'm filling in for one of the directors.
This is a serious job and a serious meeting and we discuss serious
things about the organization and how we are to accomplish Bible
translation here. Decisions in these meetings affect hundreds of people
and thousands of dollars. The gravity of the meeting was not lost on me.

Then it moved to personal relationships, as I took a walk to a different
department, I multi-tasked and asked a PNG friend to walk with me. He's
a non-christian man who I've been getting to know, and I'm hopeful that
the relationship will grow because I really like this guy, and have a
heart for his family.

Then it moved to awesomeness as I got an email saying that there is a
qualified person out there who wants to come to PNG specifically to do
management for the computer department!!! What a huge blessing that
would be (even though it takes more than 2 years to get here because of
partnership development)! Imagine, someone who actually WANTS to be
managing and has experience at it?!?!


So...
bummed
encouraged
heavy, concern for future
ministering
excited about future.


wow, what a day it's been. That's just 9 hours of it!

-chad