PNG TIME

ipblocker

3/28/2012

the hand of God

from time to time you get to see what God is doing.

Today I got a skype call from a guy in Illinois who was investigating
the possibility of coming to PNG as an IT manager. His resume wound up
through a circuitous route to me.

We skyped for 40 minutes.

I told him about being a manager here, what our IT department is like,
the challenges of the job and how we really truly do need experienced
managers here.

I wasn't really feeding him a line, but trying to give him data (maybe
too much) to make a decision off of. I remember when we came here and I
really wanted good data.... so I 'spilled the beans'... didn't hold
anything back.. was perfectly open and honest.

At the end of the call he said 'my heart is pumping a million miles a
minute, I'm so excited having spoken with you." you could hear in his
voice God was calling him here...

Which is a HUGE answer to my prayer, as we desperately need people like
this. Being involved in this was a surprise to me, because I thought I
was talking the guy out of it, by telling the truth... but he was eating
it up.

Then at the end of the conversation he asked if I knew his cousin. I
did, she was the mother of my son's best friend here.
What he said next was a total God thing.

"oh!! well, my cousin said if I wanted to know about IT there I should
call the dad of her son's best friend and she was going to put me in
touch with him... but I guess that's you!"

we had met and talked in an almost random way, but we were meant to
talk....
the words I thought were just off the top of my head, were the words God
used to excite him to come here....

God used me today in a way I wasn't expecting to impact someone's life...
and all I can say is..
wow.

I'm encouraged and energized by having just had this conversation.