PNG TIME

ipblocker

3/26/2012

Buka Vsat Saga


several weeks ago I flew out with a co-worker/friend to Buka to install internet via VSAT. It didn't work. We tried everything. We left.

Weeks later a friend of ours was in the area and took measurements to see if there was any interference. Nothing.

Back to the drawing board.

We decided the smaller dish wasn't good enough and shipped a 3meter dish, it arrived last monday. But I was short handed and had no technicians to go out to install it, and I couldn't leave because I am the only one in the network room right now.

So....?
I emailed a partnering organization asked them if they had any techs in the area. They had one on a plane and would ask him to fly out to the area.

He arrived yesterday, installed the new dish, and tonight they have NET LOCK!

They are online!!!!

Finally!

But... their signal to noise ratio is not good enough and so until they get a higher Watt BUC a cloudy day or a rain might knock them offline.... which removes the entire idea of 'always on'.

So now I have to come up with several thousand dollars to buy a larger BUC (they have 5 Watt, and need a 10 Watt).

Still though... after months of trying, today I finally have confirmation that they are online!

Thanks to all who prayed, and kept praying for this!