PNG TIME

ipblocker

2/07/2011

Busy Busy

Last night I didn't sleep much. I was considering this decision about leadership I mented a few posts ago. I spent my non-sleep time praying and a peace came over me as I realized that I needed to spend my energies elsewhere.

During my prayer it made a lot of sense and calmed me and I realized.... 'Chad, you need to focus on your core job right now, and let the leadership position go to someone else, it will be a hard year for you.'

So I was calmed by that, wrote out a list of priorities and decided to go about my dad tackling the challenge.

We had a meeting today about the projects we need to do in 2011.
The list was 28 items long.
We have 3 guys.
Each item was a month worth of work... if things go well.

It's a VERY long list.
It is a TON of work.

I am so very thankful to God and to you all for praying for me, that I was able to come to a decision this morning about the leadership thing, and have a confidence that God had something in store for me... and then to come to work and find out WHAT He had in store.

I should list out the project list here, although verbatim it will make no sense, so I'll paraphrase...

PLEASE pray these go well, we'll be busy enough without distractions and failures.

-implement windows home folders for departments
-remove web proxy and replace with websense
-implement exchange 2010
-install and configure traffic shaping
-update policy manuals
-upgrade software inventory control
-hardware inventory
-security policy implementation audit
-connect new training center and dining call to fibre backbone
-reconfigure central network switches
-deploy centre wide wireless with dual SSID's
-virtualize remaining physical servers
-upgrade aviation wireless connection (build a 15meter mast and install it)
-build four new Domain Controllers
..
the list goes on.
upgrades, replacements, etc.

Most of the work is inspired by the Microsoft licensing issue I told you about. We have to shave down, simplify, and otherwise reduce costs.

And we have a year to do it in.. actually, until June. So half a year. Because once June hits, we will lose a few guys and won't have the man power to do the projects for 18 months.

WOW... it's busy here.

I'm so glad I got some energy on furlough, these projects strike me as a lot of fun!