PNG TIME

ipblocker

2/01/2011

15 years ago on Groundhog's Day



I married my wife.

Each significant milestone has been celebrated differently. And each year I've given my wife the traditional gift (15 is Crystal). However this year I was unable to get the crystal gift I wanted because it wouldn't transport well to here, so I broke tradition. (I hid her gift from the U.S. in my duffle but it wasn't crystal)

Thinking it would be a rather simple anniversary without much pomp... just a quiet home cooked meal.... we woke up to these pictures.
The kids woke up early, dressed, set a beautiful table complete with flowers and linen, made cards, wrapped gifts and cooked up eggs and toast.

Have I mentioned before I LOVE my kids being older! We have loved every year of our married life, and have loved every stage of having kids.

This morning they blessed us big time with a huge surprise, as we came out of the bedroom this morning... BOOM a really gorgeous table setting!

thanks kids!
and thanks Kendal for 15 great years!

p.s. for our 10th and 15th we've been in places where we needed to keep things simple and yet somehow, we have been blessed with remarkable anniversaries. Not remarkable because they are complex or pricey, but remarkable because something special happened that we'll never forget. And what the kids did this morning for us, we'll never forget. IT was well done (they had tried things when they were younger but they were not nearly as well executed as this time).