PNG TIME

ipblocker

1/24/2008

Memorial addendum

there is a large part of the story I left out, but I wanted to share it to show God's incredible timing and to belay any concerns of "how could she die in the middle of God's work?"

It was the translator's last day in the village. As usual they spent it praying with people before leaving. They discussed during that time a recently finished passage translation:
The Lord arranged a wonderful New Years morning with a 3:00am prayer meeting by Baruga believers where the prayers, instead of focusing on their ruined gardens in the wake of the November flooding, focused instead on the upcoming dedication of their short Scripture volume (Luke, Acts, 1&2 Thessalonians).

Cindi and I split the group that came, and while my group was revising the first draft of part of Ephesians, her group took Philippians, and the day they got to the famous passage in 1:21-23-24 ( For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. If I am to go on living in the body, this will mean fruitful labor for me. Yet what shall I choose? I do not know! I am torn between the two: I desire to depart and be with Christ, which is better by far; but it is more necessary for you that I remain in the body.) she was really bubbling. She and her whole group felt really good about the way it came across in Baruga. "It's sharp (like a keen knife edge)," they said.


after a prayer meeting before they headed back to Ukarumpa, she went back to her radio sched, must've felt something wrong and sat on the bed, and passed away.

Her 4 books of the NT finished, her prayer meeting finished, some commented it was as if God said, "you've completed the tasks I gave to you, welcome home."