PNG TIME

ipblocker

1/20/2008

Malaria

two weeks ago I caught Malaria. Apparently only female mosquitos bite.
All this time I had been avoiding the male mosquitos. (-;

The clinic cured me with a few pills.

Two days ago Calvin began to get bad headaches and have other symptoms.
The clinic proved he had Malaria, were very professional and he's on medication and being treated.

Malaria is like having a really bad flu for a few hours a day, and then it goes away, and then it comes back the next day or so, and continues on this cycle, getting worse each time.

But with the right pills, it goes away and doesn't trouble you for a very long time.

I feel so exotic having said I've caught Malaria.
Calvin on the other hand, jsut feels tired.

Pray for healing for him, he takes illness very very well, and it really is the first time I can recall him being sick this year. God has granted the kids good health as a major answer to our prayer.

In fact knowing he has Malaria is a bit of a relief.
First, it sounds worse than it is. If you've had it, you don't fear it any more than one fears the flu.
Second, we were glad to know he wasn't having migraines, which might be a hereditary thing given that Kendal gets them from time to time.

It's odd to think of Malaria as a relief, but it was in fact a large relief to us.


WOW it rained super hard for ten minutes and then stopped.
I'm very glad I finished my outdoor chores before then. Sometimes you can really get caught by surprise in these flash rainstorms.