PNG TIME

ipblocker

7/23/2007

you never know

Different folks remember different parts of your life. You never know what someone will see as significant. People remember stories about how you've affected them that you may or may not recall.

This to me is part of God's miracle of relationships.

He knows what parts of you will impact people for His kingdom.

Part of our being here in PNG is the acknowledgment that God has put us here, not because of what we do, not because of who He's made our character into, but because we said "yes".

Things said in passing sometimes have a deep affect on people, other things that you intend to have an impact, don't.

This is the humbling reminder that God can use any part of you, and going it on your own is rarely productive.


Which is why a comment like below, is both encouraging and humbling, because it reminds me that God will pick and choose what about our being here, is helpful.

context:
I got an email warning about a newer email scam. It was a rather obvious scam to me and I had already received a few, I was about to ignore the warning when I realized, maybe there were some people around who it was not as obvious to. So, without spending much time or thought on it, I posted it to a public forum here on center. Then I went about my day with my 'important' work which is the rest of my job.
It turns out, that day, the most significant thing I did, at least for this person, was taking the time to post the information.


Thanks Chad,
Think we might have just gotten one of [email scam] and because I read your note I was suspicious :).
Your ministry in this way has saved us lots of time getting uncorrupted.
Appreciate your partnership.
[name]