PNG TIME

ipblocker

5/07/2013

Togo, To Go



For those of you who care to know, I enjoy Togo samiches.  I enjoy sandwiches of most kinds, but Togo's is my favorite.  I have fond memories of Togos, not the least of which included my future-brother-in-law, putting an extra few ounces of beef on my number 8, or was it 9.  I've been gone so long I can't remember my togos favorite!!! ACK!  I don't tend to miss food places much in the U.S.  So I don't join in when people start saying 'wow I miss SUCHnSUCH food and I can't wait until furlough'.  When your wife is as great a cook as mine, you tend not to lack in the food dept. 

Still from time to time, something strikes you momentarily and you're hit with a hunger pang you can't satisfy.  For most of you in your home country you can say 'wow I could really go for some Taco Bravo...' and then get in the car and go.  For me, I have to sit, and put it out of my mind.

Today, we were recording 1 Corinthians and these two phrases kept popping up:

"To go" (pronounced TOE  GOE)
and
"togo" (pronounced TOEGOE)

So of course I couldn't help but think of a nice big cold roast beef and turkey with American cheese on a roll.   ..................sorry had to squeegee my keyboard there.....

Anyway I decided to ask what it meant.... because, I know missionaries who went to TOGO, so I thought maybe I might expand my TOGO trivia.

"to go" means 'all will go'  they all go together.
and
"togo" means 'respect'.

So, for those of you today who are all going to TOGOS, I respect that!    In Bola I suppose that would be "to go TOGOs togo"