PNG TIME

ipblocker

5/06/2013

Fly



Today we were recording 1 Corinthians Chapter 12, and over the headphones I heard a buzzing.  I couldn't tell if it was in the control room or the studio.  Benjamin suddenly pointed, and we saw a large horsefly on the INSIDE of the studio window glass.  It was in the mic'd room!  So I called a break.

I opened the double doors, walked into the sound-resistant room and there was Peter, the reader.  I had a rolled up manual and was swatting at the fly and missing.  The fly was circling around the room.

Peter stood and watched... watched... watched.... I was on my fourth swing...
Then, suddenly Peter swatted his hand, I heard 'thwack, thunk'. 
And sure enough, on the ground lay a dead fly.

Without saying a word, Peter sat back down and put his headphones back on, as if to say 'now, let's get back to recording'.

I congratulated him on his kill, and we went back to work.  I'm still amazed at how effectively he downed the fly.