PNG TIME

ipblocker

5/28/2013

Maia Made My Day



One of my earliest projects when joining this Audio Team, was the Maia audio recording.  260 AudiBibles to be done in June for the mini Bible Dedication.

When I took on the project I said 'there is no humanly way possible for me to get this done on time? I'm a newbie!'.

I told them I would do my absolute best.... I figured out the schedule, 6 books a day.  That's inhuman for a rookie to post-produce 6 chapters of the Bible a day.

On top of that I agreed to grammar check them, and I do not KNOW the language.

I began working long hours to get it done.  And then, I was elected to a new job.  Suddenly I had half the time to get it done.

I prayed for help, and as I blogged earlier, GOD provided me some sort of miraculous time shift, for a period of 7 days I was more productive and cranking out so much Scripture I nearly finished it.

Soon it was done. 
The translators were in the village and so it was hard to correct errors, or get them to come in and check my work.  So... I went forward.

After mastering, duplicating, installing, assembling 260 devices, I was told 'this isn't working like I wanted it to, when I push these buttons, it doesn't do what I wanted.'

I was frustrated, because we had talked about this, but, long distance makes for communication errors.
So I did it again.

What I thought was 'finishing in the nick of time' was thankfully 'finishing a few days early'.

And then after doing it again... I was given the feedback 'we need more songs'.

So I did it again.  Days of work, done again. .... for the third time.

Finally, they were ready to be picked up.  The man who was going to pick them up and fly them into the village to be there on time... suddenly got pulled out of the country as his brother died!

I got an email from the translator 'it looks like it may not make it here on time, I suppose we'll try again in a year'.

The project seemed to be facing some incredible opposition to getting there on time.  I wasn't  wanting to wait a whole year.
I struggled to find someone who might be going out there, I began calling and emailing and even hf-radioing around.

WHO might be going out to the village and can take 13 boxes of AudiBibles?

No one answered.

Moments ago, I got a telephone call "Hi, I'd like to pick up those boxes and make sure they get to the village in time!"

YES! HALLELUJAH!!! AMEN!!!! COME GET THEM! PLEASE!

I just finished loading the boxes into a car, with gaurantees that I'll be updated when they arrive.

And right before he got into the car he told me this....

"You know, one of the Maia pastors went down to his village, and brought one of these with him a few weeks ago, and it's been sparking a renewed interest in the Scriptures!  We're very hopeful that the people will be excited in June to get these along with the written Word, and it's looking like there might be a spark of interest catching on because of these!"

Wow... Now I know why we were having so much trouble getting them into the village.  The Lord is using them, and the enemy doesn't like it.

Please pray with me.. first PRAISE... this project is done, it's out the door, it's on its way!!!
Second, PRAY that the enemy would be rebuffed and rejected, and that these audio players would make it into the hands of lives that will see changes towards Christ!!

yeah I'm pretty excited about it.