PNG TIME

ipblocker

4/22/2013

Laughter and Chickens


Every two years we have an odd event.  Hundreds of missionaries gather to discuss weighty things, strategies, policies, etc, on how we will minister in PNG for the following 2 years. 

As a result, there is stress, which means, laughter is good medicine.

This year, I did not have time to rehearse a complicated banjo number, so I decided to do more of a comedy act with my banjo as the main prop.  Sadly, the video and audio is actually well done, and yet, I don't really play banjo so much as strum around for effect.

One of my side-ministries is trying to do things that help people 'STAY'.  To increase their longevity, it is important to, from time to time, laugh.  So I wrote this comedy act, with a friend, to get a lot of laughs.  Some of the jokes are impromptu, and some are written but not rehearsed.

Please excuse the poor mic'ing of the event.  I tried to make it easier on our sound techs by sharing a mic, but the end result is that I had to do a lot of leaning and looking back and forth.  Like I said, very very little time or rehearsal went into this.  The laughter you hear, is 300 or so non-profit volunteers from all over the country, who know me, and my guest, Andrew.  It'll be funnier for them.

Hopefullly in 2 more years I'll be able to post a more serious banjo piece but, in reality, I can't take myself that seriously... after all, I play the Banjo.  (still 2 years ago, my dueling banjos between me and my laptop was something to see).

And before you get all 'this is what he spends his time doing?'  remember, I spent very little time preparing this number... and also, yes.  I do spend some portion of my time encouraging others in creative ways.

I hope you enjoy...