PNG TIME

ipblocker

10/08/2010

People

Which of these best describes you:

-you know today you're going to meet new people and you start to get nervous.
-you know today you're going to meet new people and you start to get excited.

?

Years ago, meeting new people was something that would give me butterflies in my stomach, although you wouldn't know it because I've got an extroverted exterior.

Today, I get really excited and here is why.

God has continually brought incredible, miraculous blessings to us through people.

And so, years ago it was my habit to think 'how can I get out of meeting someone new, I'll say 'no' to every opportunity to do something 'different'.

Now, I say 'yes, sure!, YAH!' to any opportunity to meet someone, because when I do that, God does such incredible things.

I would like to tell you about someone, but I'll wait a bit until I know him more. Needless to say, he's a techno guy, and he, without knowing me, send me his business card and a hard drive full of useful data on it.

I called and said 'I can't copy all this I don't have room'... he replied 'no, the hard drive is a gift, use it and copy the data and give it to others in PNG.'

!!!

This guy has turned supplying technical gadgets into a ministry... he buys them and gives them away to people who can put them to God's use!

How amazing is it?


Friends, I can not describe to you the incredible feeling of wonder I get, when I see our God work. It's like this magnificent puzzle of planning perfection.

I'll lay one out for you, but I can't finish it because it's not even over.

-We plan to go to Southern California
-my grandmother passes away
-we pray and decide to postpone the trip
-because of that decision that we're confident was God's leading:
-details surrounding my grandmother's apartment went very smoothly
-we got an extra speaking engagement
-we were hosted by a family we didn't know and turned out they know a lot of our same friends and blessed us not only with a place to stay but THE perfect place to stay!
-we met a man who gives gadgets to missionaries
-we had a spontaneous family reunion on Kendal's side.
-the kids wound up with a special gift.
- and more and more and more

All of it God had planned. His plans are way better than ours. We simply have striven to always say 'yes' when we feel his prompting.

Let me tell you, saying 'yes' has always been harder than saying 'no', but it has been vastly more rewarding and incredible to see God do His thing in front of us, and for us, and with us.

Thank you all!