PNG TIME

ipblocker

10/05/2010

Click

Being our first furlough, I've blogged a bit about what it's like going on your first furlough.

It is very busy.
You have goals to accomplish, and they are:
- inspire people's interest in missions - we do this by talking to groups
- raise financial partnership and prayer partnership - mostly by prayer and speaking
- reconnect/visit with family and friends
- get medical treatment needed
- purchase supplies that we lack in country
- rest and enjoy our home country
- get training for job back in PNG
- get re-inspired to return and start your second term


Well the first few goals we've been making headway on. But honestly, we've been so busy, we've barely gotten 'rest' and we definitely haven't gotten to the 'I really miss PNG' point....

until yesterday.

Something in me clicked and I got really excited about returning to PNG. It will be sad to leave here, but my spirit suddenly was... unburdened and I said 'Okay God, I can go back now.'

It might be a dirty little secret, but most every missionary needs to make that important transition during their furlough from 'Thank God I'm in America...' to 'Okay I'm re-inspired to go back and serve again!'.

I've finally gotten over the hump and began that transition.
And God knows my heart because as soon as I got to that point, the email and the phone started our support going in the positive direction again.

I'm still not ready to leave the U.S. but I'm starting the emotional process of being excited about the work yet to be done in PNG!