PNG TIME

ipblocker

2/17/2009

Valentine's Day

Well I took photos and I was waiting until I got them off my camera to post, but things have been busy and I haven't prioritized it. So here is my non-image post.

My valentine for my wife was three fold:
-I found some tile in storage and mortar and grout, and tiled up a hole that has been bothering her for some time (total cost = $0.00)

-I had my daughter sneak off to market early on Friday to buy flowers (total cost = .33 cents)

-I took my wife "out" to eat at a fundraiser for the high school, we double dated with a couple who recently had a baby and it was their first night "away" from home. It was fun, (total cost = $12.00)

We got our puppy!
And even though I was voting for "blunderbuss" the name "budge" sort of stuck.

I'm pretty happy with this puppy. I've been doing serious research on dog training and choosing, and so far it's paying off.

In 3 days he knows his name, he's been crate trained (potty trained, doesn't whine at night, knows who his master is, etc), and he's GREAT with the kids.

I'm very happy with the personality of this dog, and how quick he takes to the training. I have no experience training a dog, but all the reading I'm doing is paying off because he really is well behaved.

he is an outside dog and I will begin training him to be a guard dog in a few weeks, for now I'm going over the basics... who the master is, where he can relieve himself, not to bark at the wrong time, to bark at the right time, etc.

Google is man's best friend here, maybe I should have named him google. I went from knowing nothing to being able to crate train this dog in 3 days!!

I enjoy dogs, however I only enjoy well trained, well behaved dogs. Around here, a quick way to upset neighbors is to have an all day barker, a digger, or an escaper. So far, budge isn't any of those things.

Having a dog around brings a sense of security to the family, and really he has brought excitement to our household, and fun too.