PNG TIME

ipblocker

2/17/2009

Training

We are a training facility. We have more Papua New Guineans working at the computer department than ex-pats. As such, the ex-pats usually have the training background and we try to share it. We are all united with the common goal of reaching people for Christ, and so for us to share training with co-workers is a natural thing as well as a way to help their futures here.

We have been conducting training recently, writing the curriculum and then training. Today we introduce a few people to tcp/ip. I'm interested in seeing how that goes.

My experience is that the nationals here are for the most part very bright, and once they hear something, they retain it very quickly. Especially anything relationship oriented. So if we can communicate networking in a "relationship" context I'm hopeful they will learn it quickly.

I'm still amazed at how many people know my name after only hearing it once many months ago.