PNG TIME

ipblocker

3/31/2007

Royalty

God works in royal ways. I believe He desires glory and therefore does things in ways that shout "I did this." He isn't satisfied being confused with coincidence or luck, He wants us to know He has done a good work. And when we foster our relationship with Him in such a way that we have eyes to see it, it is a wonderful thing, and a wonderful relationship builder.

A week ago I read "God's Smuggler" this book had countless examples of God asking a man to do something, the man turning to Him and saying "okay" and then stepping out wondering how God would provide.

For some time now my wife and I have had a prayer request which we will keep confidential. Months ago I released the burden on my heart to God in prayer and decided to let Him handle it. After all He can do a better job.

You'd be surprised how bold you can be in prayer. Sometimes part of believes that God would not answer such a bold prayer. That it would seem impossible what we want done. And yet, God seems to like these prayers the most. We have seen many examples of God saying "watch what I'm gonna do!"

It is incredibly reassuring to know that God does these things despite and without us. Because there is no temptation for pride, and upon seeing the work done, all inspiration for humility.

A week ago God moved in my heart to step out in faith again. Generosity is a new area of my heart that God is infiltrating. I considered myself a generous man until I ran smack into the type of generosity God intended for me.

In my quiet time, God put it on my heart to "go out on a limb, trust me" with something I felt too huge. The temptation to avoid doing this thing.

So I wrestled in my head. "Is this a figment of my imagination?" After praying against the enemy from clouding my judgment, I realized that such generosity does not come from me it was from God." I went to my wife and said,
"Honey, we gotta do this thing." (which I am keeping confidential)
she shrugged and said, "okay."

We went ahead and did the thing God asked us to, trusting He knew why and knowing we may never make sense of our actions.

1 week later a new situation came up. There is a vehicle on center for sale. I did my due research and found out the condition of the vehicle, and wasn't sure if I truly wanted a vehicle because I do want to get accustomed to walking. I did not feel confident in the vehicle for sale.

As I was discussing vehicles with a neighbor, he said "you see that Trooper that jsut drove by, the owners are leaving soon, they might sell."

So I walked to the owner's house and discussed his vehicle with him.

He said, "I was about to list it, but if you want it, make me an offer. Go home and pray about it and tell me in a few days." He gave me a range which was beyond our budget for a car.

So we again went to God in prayer "God give us confidence about a vehicle, and if you want us to offer more than we have budgeted, please provide more money in the next couple of days."

GOD works in ROYAL ways.

Less than 24 hours later, we got an answer.

We got an answer that not only gave us more money for the car, thus providing an exact amount we should offer, BUT also the answer included an answer to that prayer so many months ago, as well as answering the recent stepping out in faith we did on God's prompting.

In 1 moment, God answered 3 prayers. One less than a day old. One a week old, and one months old.

God does things in ROYAL ways.

I am not surprised, but I am always amazed. God touched my heart deeply this morning and showed us we are in His care. And that, is a great place to be!

We are not worthy of the constant encouragement God is to us. This personal relationship, as our Father He tells us we are worthy to be His children. He is lavishing on us encouragement right now, and our hearts are bursting from it.

With that we walked into the Tok Pisin service for church this morning. And while we barely understood the worship songs, our hearts sang out. We may not know the idioms and the context but we know what it means when people unite to sing:

Jisas em i Bigpela
Jisas numbawan.