PNG TIME

ipblocker

3/07/2007

God did it



We expect our visas in 2 days time now!!!

The doubt is gone, the part that has been on hold for nearly 6 months has been passed through, with a week to spare.

God has answered the prayers of His people! God is so faithful.

This is where I sing His praises and dance up and down, except Moses and his sister Miriam did it a lot better than we could:

Exodus 15
The Song of Moses and Miriam


2 The LORD is my strength and my song;
he has become my salvation.
He is my God, and I will praise him,
my father's God, and I will exalt him.

3 The LORD is a warrior;
the LORD is his name.



6 "Your right hand, O LORD,
was majestic in power.
Your right hand, O LORD,
shattered the enemy.



9 "The enemy boasted,
'I will pursue, I will overtake them.
I will divide the spoils;
I will gorge myself on them.
I will draw my sword
and my hand will destroy them.'

10 But you blew with your breath,
and the sea covered them.
They sank like lead
in the mighty waters.

11 "Who among the gods is like you, O LORD ?
Who is like you—
majestic in holiness,
awesome in glory,
working wonders?

12 You stretched out your right hand
and the earth swallowed them.

13 "In your unfailing love you will lead
the people you have redeemed.
In your strength you will guide them
to your holy dwelling.


17 You will bring them in and plant them
on the mountain of your inheritance—
the place, O LORD, you made for your dwelling,
the sanctuary, O Lord, your hands established.

18 The LORD will reign
for ever and ever."



On a different note, as if that wasn't enough to give us unending excitement and exhiliration, our cargo is passing through Panama Canal right now.

GEEK MOMENT:
I assumed that there had to be some site out there that would track ships at sea and that if I could get the call sign of our ship carrying our belongings to PNG that I could get geographic coordinates of the ship on a daily basis. This would go above and beyond the shipment tracking information that I was supplied with. SO, finding the ship's name I came across a site that gave the coords, and then plugged those into google earth, and the ship came up in Panama Canal. GOOGLE is fun.
END GEEK MOMENT:

This means, that our cargo will arrive in the beginning of April or end of March! That is amazing and here is why.

Originally we were told that our cargo would take up to 6 months door to door, but that information is less than 4 months, which is near perfect timing for us to get there, get established, move into the rental home they have assigned us, and unpack our 6 boxes, and make a few new friends!

Over a year ago when we first set out to follow God's guidance, we put everything to Him in prayer. All our obstacles, all our concerns. We have developed a habit of presenting YOU our prayer partners with those concerns as well.

GOD has been faithful in every single one. I shall list a few to boast in the Lord:

-we prayed for faster internet service - Supplied 3 months ago
-we prayed for the training schedule to change so we could arrive in PNG in time - God supplied a new schedule for us indicating the precise time He'd like us to leave for PNG
-we prayed for an understanding situation at my work - God provided a new manager who understands the concept of missions work and has been very helpful
-we prayed that somehow our stuff would arrive sooner than 6 months - shipping estimate is 3.5 months
-we prayed for our visas to arrive on time - God has sent them TODAY!


the list is very long, and each time we've gone to Him it has been a situation where it required God to do it. Not to help us do it, but for GOD to do it because it required moving obstacles that we could not move.

God is great, His answer to your prayers and our prayers have been astounding!

We will let you know when those visas are in our hands, in 2 days!