PNG TIME

ipblocker

8/19/2014

Sheepish

Feeling a little sheepish today.  I’m realizing that there is some technology that exists in the U.S. that I haven’t seen in PNG yet.

Primarily – DisplayPort connections.

 

These are a new way to connect a PC to a monitor.  Yesterday I was given a new PC, and 3 monitors and I hooked them up and got them working, but they were all blurry because of the way I did it.  So I decided to do some research on it, and found ‘oh THAT’s what those HDMI looking ports are for…. ‘

 

I felt a little silly not knowing something as obvious as that.  But to be honest, I’ve never really paid much attention to that type of thing, just because it’s very easy and quick to figure it out and so I never have cared about what is the latest greatest/fastest way to connect things, I just connect them with whatever is available and make them work.  I have super geeky friends who care about the speed and so if I’m doing something wrong, they’ll let me know. (-;

 

Earlier in the week I was trying to remember a solution we used in PNG called ‘Bomgar’, and for the life of me I couldn’t remember the name of this technology I had used for years.  That’s when it hit me.  Chad, your brain is 40 years old, and you’re trying to absorb a lot of new information, this is where the metal meets the road, you have to prove you can rise above and make your brain work!