PNG TIME

ipblocker

10/10/2013

Coverage

We made the cover of one of the country's newspapers! 


Caption: "Listen to the Word... Smiles all around for the people of Mobutasa in Eastern Highlands who were given new Bibles and Audibibles all translated in their local language.  This means people can now listen to stories and messages from the Bible as well as read them. Story on Pg. 2"  (he's holding an AudiBible)

Someone found this and told me about it.

I'm very excited about this.  Raising interest among ex-pats is one thing, and easily done.  Raising interest to get an AudiBible for nationals is also not hard to do.  BUT raising interest to BEGIN a Bible translation is much harder.  People just don't ask "what will it take for me to get a Bible in my language?"  In some places it happens, but in others you have to push the need, explain how God's Word can change lives for the better, without making it sound like a promise or gaurantee.  I don't know how the language teams do it, but I know that getting our product on the front page of the Newspaper is bound to generate interest.

ANOTHER awesome side effect of doing Audio... I hope to start hearing the phrase "What do I have to do to get God's Word on an Audio player like those people in the newspaper?"    The answer.... 'work with us for the next 23 years, diligently, to translate the Bible, and along the way, become disciples yourself and tell others.'