PNG TIME

ipblocker

7/27/2012

Reciprocal Encouragement

We are so encouraged by the people who support us to be here financially and through prayer.
Right now I'm having a bit of hay-fever and so if my thoughts come out muddled, know that it's because of that.  I struggle against bad allergies here (well in the U.S. I did too, so there's not much difference, except here the only cure I've found is to wrap a bandana around my nose and take a nap.  Which is alright until your daughter snaps a photo of you to show her friends... because to be honest a bandana around your nose looks pretty silly)

but I digest.

(yes I know I said that wrong, but it's true, I digest, I had a cookie about 5 minute ago, and you should be thankful because taking a cookie break is what encouraged me to sit down and type this blog entry.... come to think of it, you might come down on the other side of gratitude... in that case, blame the cookie (-; )

Where was I?

Oh yes.
A few days ago on a Saturday, I had finished all my chores and was at a point of either relaxing and taking a nap, or doing something fun. I chose to do something fun.  So I grabbed my video camera, and headed over to the local gathering of what I've dubbed 'the quilting mafia.'

They're technically called 'piecemakers' which is a clever name.  My wife is a newbie quilter and has really enjoyed this group of women that gather together periodically to share company and a common hobby.

I thought it might be fun to make a video of them, and show some of the quilts, and decided to hammer out something rather quickly (I was finished in the same day I shot it, so you know it was a quick job).

As I did it, I saw all the happy faces in the video and realized that this was actually an important ministry, not just fun, but a therapeutic gathering of incredible women gathered here in this country to serve God.

It turns out that the video itself was an encouragement and that plus a little email I sent turned out to encourage people who had been struggling lately.  I honestly had no idea that little bit of fun I put together would mean so much to people.  Another side result is someone asked me to help them make a Bible dedication video.

The point is, by using some of my side talents, and hobby, I was able to encourage some people who needed encouraging.  Which helps them to do better at their jobs, and to possibly stay here just that much longer.

And I wanted to let you know this, because sometimes being here, is itself a ministry outside of the job we do. And I wanted to thank you each for your encouragement to US, that enables us to encourage others.

By giving to us financially and praying for us, you help alleviate burdens that would otherwise distract us from serving others.  You lighten our load, and you join us in purpose, and for that, we thank you.

if you would like to see the video it is here: