PNG TIME

ipblocker

2/09/2012

BTA server

I should have taken a photo while I did this.

Today was the final step in helping a partner translation organization.
A national run organization here named BTA has zero budget or staff for
technical issues, so I have been donating time and equipment to helping
them.

We replaced an XP desktop with a Windows 2003 server with RAID array,
AIT3 tape drive, duel power supply, more than twice the storage space,
and RAM.

Then I setup network printing for them, and trained everyone how to save
data to a network share, how to print to the printers, and several other
'how to's.' Then I had them do it to be sure my training worked.

Then I made videos so they could refer to the video training afterwards.

All in all, hopefully some of it will stick. One comment was

"I've worked here for 3 years and have never printed in this office
before. Thank you."

That's what we do often with our older technology. We re-purpose it and
donate it to local national Papua New Guineans who employ it in the
ministry they have a passion for. Rarely does anything get wasted.