PNG TIME

ipblocker

10/01/2011

God leads

wanted to drop a quick line to say this thought that I had only moments ago.

My family and I were in town, scheduled to stay for several days this last week. One night around 2am I woke up, staring into the ceiling and had a thought:

'you should go home on Weds instead of Thurs.' (Yes, I think in abbreviations (-; )

In the morning I told my wife this. It meant packing up a bit early and heading home. When she asked me why, I didn't really have great reasons. I didn't want to say 'I have a feeling.' Because that's not really my style. But I did say things that made enough sense to appease her, which wasn't hard.

There were logical reasons to return early... and I figured my brain must have been identifying those.

We returned.

The next day fighting, massive fighting, broke out in a major town we would have been traveling through. 14 people confirmed dead. The fighting went on for three days. Well, truth be told, I would have been warned about the fighting and would have avoided that town and extended our stay until the fighting was over. But that would have incurred cost. But then I realized today, that the phones here have been down, and so I would have never got the call to tell me to stay out of town.

The thought I had right now was:

'WOW I'm glad we came home a day early!... wait.. GOD probably did that!'

God has us in the palm of His hands doesn't he?

I'm really thankful for those times when we get spared.

The fighting makes me sad. I long to see God's Word transform this culture of fighting up here in the highlands. They do such violence to one another. The enemy has a strong grip on them, and I long for the day I see God's truth break that and change them to a culture of love.