PNG TIME

ipblocker

10/21/2011

Family Wagon


This is a 'tuktuk' popular in India. It's a 3 wheeled vehicle, powered by a small Diahatsu truck engine. It's a manual transmission. Left foot clutch, RIGHT foot brake, right hand is the twist throttle, and the stick shift rests between your knees.

My wife and kids love this vehicle. My wife, who 4 years ago didn't know how to drive a stick shift, now can drive a tuktuk with ease!

We had this unique family vehicle for a short amount of time and then passed it on to a family who needed it more. For me, driving it was a pain, literally. I had to bend far over to see out the windshield and crouch down. Which is why we passed it on to someone who would use it more. Still, it was a nice way to stay dry in the rain for getting around centre.



THIS is why I didn't enjoy it. They call me Mr. Incredible when I drive it.