PNG TIME

ipblocker

5/11/2010

Emergency Firewood

tonight after work, my wife said 'the posting just came out, anyone who can donate extra firewood is needed'.

Recently part of our centre has become a sort of refuge camp for homeless friends... and they needed firewood to cook by.

Thinking it a great chance to teach my kids a REAL application of Christ's love, I hitched up the trailer to my ATV quad, and my son and I loaded a load of firewood onto it, and drove it over.

We saw maybe two to three hundred people huddled together comforting each other. We unloaded and took a few seconds to pray over the group.

A well known leader and friend came and thanked us.

To me, it was a very little gesture of love, but one of the wonderful things about living here is that you have many very REAL physical, practical applications of love that you can involve your children in.

I hope my son can't remember today's act. The reason is I hope we do them so often and have so many of them, that this one simply melts in with all the others.

Like I said, a very small gesture... but a very practical one.

This is how Christ loves His people.