PNG TIME

ipblocker

3/15/2010

Interesting Day

I would like to share something very close and personal.
This weekend has been a hard weekend with different news and things going on. This morning as I spent time in the Word I was in Acts and dwelling on how the Disciples often went somewhere, preached, did their work and then were often rejected... after that they'd leave and move on.

But that wasn't all. In my work devotions the group was reading the section of Mark where Christ says to shake the dust off your sandals. In Tok Pisin it tends to convey a bit of a different emotion, but the idea was... if the people are misbehaving and rejecting God, move on.

So I stopped and prayed "Hey God, I know it was a tough week, but are you trying to tell me something in your Word today? Are you really telling me to consider moving on?"

I'm thinking to myself 'wow leaving here and tearing away would hurt a lot, what about our new friends?"

And then, within a minute or two, my wife said '"hey honey today I read Psalm 52, you should read it" Not knowing my private prayer to God.

The final verse of Psalm 52 says this: (David writes this while hiding after his hiding place has been reported to Saul)


9 I thank you always
that you went into action.
And I'll stay right here,
your good name my hope,
in company with your faithful friends.


It was almost as if God immediately gave me reassurance and strength through His Word.

It is amazing to me how the Word of God can speak to us, and how He can time things so that we get just the right portion at just the right time.

PLEASE pray for us and strength until Furlough.
Also we would like a car for furlough, pray that God arranges one.


thank you