PNG TIME

ipblocker

4/05/2007

Good Friday

Good friday is a national holiday here. Today I went into town to get my driver's license but they were closed because it was the day BEFORE a holiday and they left early. (-;

So we walked through a thrift shop and I again was looked at and laughed at. I'm feeling a lot less "white" and more like a GIANT than anything here. It's sort of fun, sort of comical. I am used to folks acknowledging my size I'm jsut not used to them giggling. I saw a few people do that "hey... come here, LOOK AT THIS GUY!" thing to their friends.

I bought my second newspaper to learn what is going on in the country, and finally we found a place that would sell a Pidgin Bible.

SO.. here it is, fresh from Kainantu (the nearest town)

Jon 3:16
"God i gat wanpela Pikinini tasol i stap. Tasol God i laikim tumas olgeta manmeri bilong graun, olsem na em i givin dispela wanpela Pikinini long ol. Em i mekim olsem bilong olgeta manmeri i bilip long em ol i no ken lus. Nogat. Bai ol i kisim laip i stap gut oltaim oltaim."

i sounds like "ee"
o sounds like "oh"
a sounds like "ah"
ai sounds like "I"

For more you can go to www.tokpisin.org