PNG TIME

ipblocker

2/05/2017

Fun Moments

Yesterday being sunday, I flew the drone around to get some shots, and the village kids all came running to watch, and with each turn there were giggles and finger pointing, it was fun.



I've only been here a couple of days so far, and so take this with a grain of salt, but hearing laughter and children brings this village alive and gives a sense to me that the Spirit is alive in this place.  I have been to villages that do not seem as "light" as this one. It is a nice feeling.

Today, at the beginning of the translation workshop I was asked to share a bit of my story. I did it in Tok Pisin and realized it's been a while since I've done that.

I spoke about how we have prayed for and new this village for ten years but have never been here nor seen these people we are praying for.  I drew a parallel  between that and those sending us here, how they have never seen these people but still pray for them and send us here.

I told them that I was happy to be here and happy to be helping and happy to finally meet and see them.

I told them that all of you back home supporting us, to support them, were here with me in my heart.

That resonated with them because several of them walked a very long way, leaving their families to come do this work.

God is the only one I know who can compel men's hearts to leave everything they know, to go a long distance, to do sacrificial work that glorifies Him and brings others to Him.

Being a part of something like this is eternally significant, and makes you appreciate God's ability to orchestrate lives.