PNG TIME

ipblocker

1/11/2015

Pickles?

Here's an excerpt from my book that we've lovingly come to call  "The Pickle Story".  Often we begin it by my wife saying 'Chad, tell them about the Pickles.'

----------

We were on furlough, and as a family the four of us decide to go into the first supermarket we'd seen in years. We knew that it might be a bit of a culture shock so we all went to support my wife as she made the food choices. We didn't know what to expect, I had heard stories of fainting and worse. Whatever was going to come, we'd face it together. Total mental exhaustion, nervous collapse, nothing would have surprised us. We were all there together, side by side, moving aisle by aisle. In my imagination we were huddled together, ready to fend off the evils of the big store with fly swatters and anything else we could pull from the impulse displays. The basket wasn't filling up very quickly, and then suddenly my wife stops the cart in the middle of the aisle, turns to me and says to me 'Do you want pickles for your sandwiches?'

 --------------

For the rest, you'l have to wait for the book. (-;


please consider helping us reach 100% to get this book published.