PNG TIME

ipblocker

9/12/2013

Celebrate completion

In January of this year I left for the village to do a recording/dubbing
of the Luke video in the Ura language. It was my first project with the
audio department, and I was nervous it mightn't go well, with me being a
rookie and all.
With your prayer support the recording went very smoothly.

I got back to the studio and the trouble began.

Post production was riddled with problems. I had other projects, but
always every day, I was working on Ura. After finishing the initial
mixdown, I submitted it to the copyright holders for approval and was
denied. It was time to remix.

I remix'd all 16 episodes according to new specifications and
re-submitted it, and was approved.

Then it was time to master the DVD. Tons of problems there as well. In
the midst of one particularly frustrating day I got an email 'Chad we
leave in 4 weeks, can we have the DVD's by then.'

Honestly my intention was for this to be a really fast turn around and
get the final DVD's to them quickly, but it didn't play out that way.

Time to pray. I asked for prayer, and miraculously the mastering of the
DVD was sped up SO dramatically that I finished all three dvd's in the
same week! I was amazed, because I had tried it before and had all
sorts of technical problems.

I am convinced it was spiritual warfare, and I thank you for your prayers.

Well, yesterday I did the final work of printing the labels and casing
them and testing them, and now have copies of the Luke Ura video ready
to go out the door.

I'm hopeful that in the coming months I'll have stories to share about
how it's impacted the culture.

For now, celebrate with me, that it's done, and packaged, and ready to
be handed to the people!

(p.s. in the 9 months since this project first recorded bit of sound...
I've put out several audio new testaments, recorded more, and done a lot
of other work. This project has been the one, chronic, project that
wouldn't get completed.... in the midst of several other projects that
have gone very smoothly and completely quickly. This was my first, it
was VERY educational, but also I believe spiritually attacked. So... I
expect and hope it to do incredible things in the Ura speaking people.
Please pray that this tool causes a huge impact for God's kingdom).