PNG TIME

ipblocker

12/07/2008

Good Stuff at Return

Wow, God is good.
My #1 concern this last month was how I was going to handle doing sound ministry (on the side) by myself without letting it take over everything I was doing.

I returned to:
-news of more people joining the team, aka less work for me
-news of a returnee taking over the leadership while the old leader goes on furlough
-news that the workload for sound technicians is reducing by 1 sunday service a month
-3 packages of donated sound equipment!
-a check to cover the cost of the new amplifier we needed in order to have the people in the back with small children hear (we were losing their attendance)

God is awesome!

Also today I went into work, and things have progressed well with my projects, but I was grabbed and asked "can you do a presentation in 30 minutes to the new recruits for orientation?"

Sure, why not, I'm still jet lagged and unsure if I can remember names and passwords, but sure.

And it went well. We informed them for an hour and I was able to answer all the questions, so.. really I hit the ground running today.

Kendal woke up at 4am, and headed for school, she's needed because the helper teacher got very sick.

Now months ago, I told my wife trying to hussle and change plans to be here on a Monday instead of a Tuesday seemed silly to me.

But she was resolved to be here for Monday.
Turns out, it's a God thing we were here because the teacher got very sick over the weekend.

So not even 24 hours off the plane and we're once again confirmed that we're meant to be here, and we are used, were missed, and we're needed!

Thanks God for the encouragement, and to all of you for making it happen!