PNG TIME

ipblocker

12/18/2008

Dog Sitting

don't worry, I'm not actually sitting on dogs.
This won't become a blog about cute little dog antics.

I enjoy dogs, but would not call myself a dog lover. So when a friend of ours (a translator couple) asked if we could watch their dog for a month, I said yes.

This dog is pretty smart, a 1 yr old German Shepherd mix. Well behaved, fun loving, good guard dog.

I made a dog run for her, and put her collar on a caribiner connected to the leash. This morning she figured out how to bite it, to clip it open and get loose.

I was pretty impressed.

Neighbors mated their dog with another neighbor and last night they had puppies, so we're hoping to soon have a new puppy, and we'll teach it to be a good guard dog for the house and a good friend for the kids.

The kids are getting over their fear of dogs (some stray dogs attacked Calvin a year ago, didn't harm him but scared him), through the dogsitting, although the dog is still too powerful and can knock them over easily.

I'm putting time into research on how to train dogs, etc... so that this experience will turn out very positive for us.