PNG TIME

ipblocker

6/28/2007

Water Cometh

since a few of you have asked.....
and since it is raining cats and dogs outside.... I mean REALLY pouring...

I'm more than glad to answer.
Since we prayed for rain the night our tank went dry, it has rained every day.

No rain for weeks, then rain every day. And today, right now, the hardest of them all.

That tank is gonna be filled before bedtime tonight if this keeps up.

After that I suppose we'll be praying against the river flooding (-; ha ha ha ha ..

It was as sunny as an L.A. Sunday a few minutes ago.

I remember praying for weather when I was younger but never really believing it had any affect, I mean sure we pray for things, but how often do we get the answer we're expecting?

So to go from that to praying a short prayer and seeing rain for days, blows my mind completely.

I do not believe in coincidence, I can't afford to anymore.

A brief memory comes to mind back in college, there was a christian music group we went to see in concert called "Pray for Rain" that later changed their name to "PRF".
We saw that at Knott's Berry Farm along with DCtalk.

The rain in their hit song was a figurative cleansing from God.


Chorus
I pray for rain to come
And wash away whats made me numb
I pray for a raging storm
To drown what's in me
And the rain comes in the nick of time
I swallow hard cause my throats been dry
The rain comes beating on my skin
Till I'm washed away - nothing left within
When the rain comes
Your rain comes

Seasons have passed so quickly
Since I felt that first big storm
Still there have been times of drought
When Ive prayed for the clouds to form
And I often hear the thunder
And I know of its coming rain
Many times in my life I'll kneel under
The moving showers that brought this change


I'm reminded of that song as we actually pray for rain for survival.
It's an awesome thing to see God at work taking care of His people.