PNG TIME

ipblocker

6/18/2007

Our kids

Today at lunch, my son told me he was playing with two png friends and they caught and grilled a grasshopper and he ate the leg.

I said -"well"
son - "well what?"
me - "well did you like it?"
son - "yeah!"
me - "would you do it again?"
son - "yes."
me - "what did it taste like? Peanut butter?"
son - "it tasted more like chicken."

and he doesn't even know the famous line about tasting like chicken. (-;

Today at tea time, a PNG acquaintance told me,
"about 20 minutes ago I saw your son playing basketball with some boys. He took his shirt off... BOY there was a lot of white there!" we chuckled.

Then he said, "I think your children are very nice children." And I thanked him... but was interrupted by another png lady who said,

"he has very good children, they already know some tok pisin!"

and so on.

As a father, it's always great to hear people praise your kids, but to hear it from a different culture with different values add a whole new level.

There are times when we sit back and marvel at how God has prepared them for this adventure, because honestly there are parts of their personality we can claim no credit for.