PNG TIME

ipblocker

5/13/2007

Seeking Wisdom

(sorry 2 posts today)

For a long time I've tried to seek out the wisdom of people who know the environment of which I am a part. We find ourselves here in new and unusual situations that are complete foreign to us. And so, we seek out the wisdom of folks who have lived here longer. And we often seek out the wisdom of multiple people.

I take the leading of God as priority in all these situations, but often find that the wisdom of others will be in sync or at least share some common thread with what God has put on my heart.

So far, heeding those words have saved us from embarrassing situations and we continue to be able to forge relationships with Papua New Guineans as well as those from all other cultures who live on center.

It is important for us as support staff, to learn the way of life here, so that we can not only help others, but avoid making bad impressions along the way so that people are not receptive to our support. The best way I can put it is... until we learn the ropes, we're trying to remain non-abrasive.

So we cling to scripture such as :

Deut 1: 9 At that time I said to you, "You are too heavy a burden for me to carry alone. 10 The LORD your God has increased your numbers so that today you are as many as the stars in the sky. 11 May the LORD, the God of your fathers, increase you a thousand times and bless you as he has promised! 12 But how can I bear your problems and your burdens and your disputes all by myself? 13 Choose some wise, understanding and respected men from each of your tribes, and I will set them over you."

14 You answered me, "What you propose to do is good."

15 So I took the leading men of your tribes, wise and respected men, and appointed them to have authority over you—as commanders of thousands, of hundreds, of fifties and of tens and as tribal officials.


when trying to decide what action is best to take.
God has not led us astray here.

If you are praying:
-pray for continued safety and peace
-pray for a home... we would like to find a place to live where we do not have to move a lot. We need wisdom in choosing this.
-pray for wisdom and guidance.

thank you so much!