PNG TIME

ipblocker

9/17/2014

Gotta Hand it to Them

I have to hand it to the folks in Van Buren, Arkansas, and Tulsa Oklahoma. I'm not the kind of person who complains often about bad service. It takes a while to rile me up about that sort of thing because I understand people can have off days.

In Van Buren, we went out to a Chili's for dinner, and first the orders took a long time to come. Then they got my son's order wrong… well… sort of… and then finally we found a piece of plastic in the dessert. So… I called the manager over, and very apologetically he not only refunded the dessert, he knocked $20 off the bill.

I was a little surprised by this. In San Jose, you may have been comped a little something, but that was a classy move.

Then, in Oklahoma, we found the pool at our hotel was out of order. I politely explained to the manager that the main reason we booked their hotel, was because of the pool, we wanted a place near the airport with a pool for our kids online school PE requirements.

He was very apologetic and refunded me not for 1 room, but for both rooms for the entire stay (1 night)!!!

I was really surprised at that.

I mean I'd like to chalk it up to me being a gracious complainer, but the truth is, down south they must have good customer service!

I am saying a quiet prayer tonight of thanks to God because money has been tight, and this trip was going to stretch the wallets a bit thin, so to have those too little refunds meant a lot to us.