PNG TIME

ipblocker

11/01/2011

Honored

My time has come to a close.  Not only did God smooth the way for us to complete everything we HAD to do, we got to finish a lot of the WANTED to do's as well here in the Solomon Islands.  Being that nearly everyone here is translator staff, I was really privileged to support Bible translation so directly.
 
off the top of my head:
We have accomplished a LOT here:
-file sharing
-secure wireless
-wireless and physical network coverage
-firewall
-billing/metering solution
-better throughput
-networked printing
-physical cabling to specific locations
-computer training
-language data backup/archiving
-offline windows updates
-anti-virus strategy planned
-hf-email more reliable
-remote access
-overall faster network performance
-webserver
-usage reporting
 
Then there are the smaller one off issues as people found me and asked me questions.
 
I.T. guys, you'd be hard pressed to find a spot of the world more grateful for your help, and more hospitable to boot.  I had dinner in every one of their homes, some more than once!  Great group of people.
 
At the end I had to fight back tears for the 'thank you' dessert they threw me and the prayers they prayed over me.  They called me a blessing.  Having those people, call me a blessing.... that's one of those.... 'woah, me? wow!' moments.  I can't express to them how awesome an opportunity to serve them this was for me.  To serve God with my skills.
 
Let's be totally honest, I'm not the world's smartest guy, nor the best I.T. guy around.  I'm just a bloke who said 'yes, I'll go.'  And God has filled in all the gaps since.  So all the glory goes to Him.  He kept me from crashing and burning this week, He gave me what skill I have, He solved problems quicker and smoothed the path for me.  I GET to do this?  Are you serious?  Go exotic places!?  Serve people who call ME a blessing? 
 
THEY are the blessing.  They brought me here, paid my plane ticket, fed me, and made me useful.  Then they appreciated my work, and heaped thanks on me, and gave me a special 'dessert' send-off where they prayed over me.  I covet their prayers.
 
Anyway, it has been a very incredible week.  I miss my family and it's time to go home, but thanks God for letting me do this, and for making me useful to these people and this project.
 
HERE are some of the languages that I was able to directly impact this week:

LANGUAGE

Areare

Aiwoo

Amba 

Anuta 

Arosi 

Asumboa

Babatana

Baeggu

Baelelea

Bauro 

Bilua 

Birao 

Blablanga

Bughotu

Cheke Holo

Dorio 

Duke 

Fagani

Fataleka

Gao  

Gela

Ghanongga

Ghari 

Gulaalaa

Hoava 

Kahua 

Kiribati

Kokota

Kusaghe

Kwaio 

Kwaraae

Laghu 

Lau  

Lavukaleve

Doku 

Longgu

Lungga

Malango

Marovo

Mono 

Nagu

Nalogo

Natugu

Ontong Java

Oroha 

Owa

Pijin

Rennel-Bellona 

Ririo

Roviana

Sa'a 

Savosavo

Sikaiana

Simbo 

Talise

Tanema

Tanibili

Teanu 

Tikopia

To'abaita

Touo

Ughele

Ulawa

Vaeakau-Taumako

Vaghua

Vangunu

Vano 

Varisi

Wala

Zabana

Zazao